Volantis Capital (Proprietary) Limited (“Volantis”) may electronically collect, store and use certain personal information about you, which may include use of third party data related service providers, such as cloud storage service providers. Cloud storage is a service through which data is maintained, managed, backed up remotely and made available to those authorised to access such data, over a network. Volantis and its directors, officers and employees respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
Volantis will only collect, disclose, collate, process and store your personal information that you supply to us via this website:
- For the specific and explicitly defined purpose for which we request the information from you, as stated on the relevant web pages; and/or
- To the extent necessary to enable us to meet our obligations to you (insofar as it relates to the purpose for which we have collected your personal information); and/or
- To comply with any legal obligation imposed on us.
Volantis will not disclose your personal information to third parties (other than to related service providers) and/or process it furtherunless you have expressly consented to such disclosure and/or further processing.
Volantiswill only process your personal information if it is in accordance or compatible with the purpose for which the personal information was originally collected. Further processing of your personal information shall be in accordance or compatible with the purpose for which it was collected if:
- The information is available in or derived from a public record;
- It is necessary to avoid prejudice to the maintenance of the law, including the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution and punishment of offences;
- It is necessary to comply with an obligation imposed by law;
- For the conduct of proceedings in any court or tribunal that have commenced or are reasonably contemplated;
- It is in the interest of national security;
- It is in the public interest to do so (to the extent granted by the Information Regulator under the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013).
To the extent that you provide us with your personal information, we will:
- Treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- Take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- Provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details or to correct any errors;
- Promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- Upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control.